Posted May 2017:
Goals and Objectives of the
SPAAMFAA Archives Committee
- Create a Mission Statement (purpose) of The SPAAMFAA Archives
- With the establishment of a SPAAMFAA subordinate location, the Archives will file application forms, per nonprofit regulations, required to conduct business in the State of Missouri, and in the city of Kansas City
- Establish Policies and Procedures (ongoing)
- Expand on the recording of the approved 2017 Budget and report activity
- Focus attention to inventory, catalogue, and, make the materials in the Archives more accessible to SPAAMFAA members, researchers and historians.
- Having the approval of the Board of Trustees, hire an on-site archivist:
• Create and approve the Job Description; and,
• Open recruitment, interview, and hire an archivist
- At a minimum of once per year, one or more Committee Members visit the Archives in Kansas City, MO
- Continue to enhance the working relationship with American Truck Historical Society (ATHS)
- Formally acknowledge the retiring archivist
- Further develop and support the efforts to fund raise
Posted January 2016:
What’s Happening In Kansas City
The SPAAMFAA Board of Directors and Archives Committee we were notified by the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA). to remove our material from Hershey PA and a decision was made to enter into as agreement and share space with the Antique Truck Historical Society (ATHS) based in Kansas City, MO.
SPAAMFAA Archivist, Ed Peterson began packing and recording immediately, and with a team of volunteers working under David Napier everything was boxed and loaded into a moving van on November 19, 2015. The truck then headed for Tom Scott’s house in Tennessee to pick a large collection of books from his library. Those cartons were filled and loaded by local fire fighters. Once the truck arrived at Kansas City, another team, also working under Past-President David Napier, unloaded the truck into a space while still another team delivered, unloaded, and assembled shelving and storage cabinets.
As of January 2016, all of the SPAAMFAA materials are now shelved and can be easily found. The next goal (2017) will be to begin detailing the contents of each box and file so that members will be able to search on line. How fast we can get how much material on line will be determined by the Society’s fund raising efforts to hire a staff member.
The library will continue to accept gifts of archival, two-dimensional, materials and the committee asks that you contact us to discuss such photographs or specifications that you have in mind.
Unfortunately the SPAAMFAA Archives is not prepared to handle any specific research inquiries at this time.