1929 American LaFrance , Type 145, 1000 GPM ,Triple Combination Pumping Car , Registry Number 6562, Former Battle Creek, Michigan . Truck is in original, complete, un-restored, condition. This is a very unique truck in that it was ordered from ALF with a specially cast all brass radiator shell and all fittings on truck were specified not to be nickel plated, so it is essentially an ALL BRASS truck. All Battle Creek Fire Department ALF trucks were ordered without nickel plating on trucks up to 1939.
· Original Build book with specifications comes with truck
· Engine free, turns over, and has run in past, Valves free and lubricated
· New rebuilt water pump (DeVries rebuild)
· Steel ALF Chemical tank per specification comes with truck
· All brass specified headlights, searchlight, and rear S & M Lights come with truck
· Original ladders, pike poles, battery powered ALF style hand lights, suction hose, strainer
· Additional set of correct front and rear Fenders in excellent condition come with truck
· Radiator does not leak. Motometer and cap with truck
· Equipped with originally BCFD specified Foot Gong. (No Bell)
· Truck has been in dry storage in heated building by myself and previous owner, whose family bought it from BCFD in the 1960’s. Have
· Clear Title
· Over course of years I have re-acquired all specified missing parts and accessories of truck, with the exception of the two brass cowl lights
and chemical tank plumbing
Truck *MAY* need 2nd Gear replaced, I have correct NOS Gear.
Picture posted shows correct brass cowl rails and stanchions installed. Price is $15,000. Consideration will be given to SPAAMFAA members who have the
restoration experience and/or resources to see this project through.
Contact WARREN LUN, mobile (269) 963-FIRE or email:
Sale Category: Apparatus.